Broad Real Estate, Title Insurance and Business Law Experience. Servant’s Heart.
Mario Micheli has thirty-plus years of experience as a transactional real estate, general business/contracts, and title insurance attorney. He has worked for and with real estate developers, law firms and local and national title insurance companies. His experience and background is broad and deep.
- Remediation/satisfaction of title insurance and probate issues
- Real estate transactions and lending
- General business and contracts
- Estate Planning
- Contract Negotiation and Drafting
- Negotiated and drafted various real estate (sale, development, and finance) and business contracts including:
- purchase and sale agreements for real estate, goods, and services;
- office, industrial, medical and warehousing leases from a landlord and tenant perspective;
- project/community governance and use restriction documents; and
- entity creation, joint venture, and governance documents.
- Project Management and Team Leadership and Participation
- Lead and participated in transaction negotiation, documentation, and closing teams including:
- the nearly $100million purchase of a three-site office and a retail mixed-use project involving loan restructuring and assumption;
- purchase and construction loan closings for multiple planned office condominium projects in a compressed closing period; and
- several multi-family residential property purchases and loan assumptions with subsequent sale and loan defeasance.
- Facilitated numerous multi-site and multi-state title insurance transactions by directing and cooperating with the efforts of the company and third-party vendor team members.
- Exercise of Substantial Authority
- Examined and underwrote high liability and extraordinary title insurance risk files for direct and agent-issued operations.
- Primary underwriting contact for title insurance agents.
- Responsible for the legal needs (non-employment) of a Phoenix real estate developer.
Education & Credentials
A Michigan and Detroit-area native, Mario attended the University of Michigan, Dearborn where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Administration from the School of Management. He obtained his Juris Doctor degree from the Wayne State University Law School in Detroit, Michigan.
He is licensed to practice law in Arizona and is a member of the State Bar of Arizona Real Property, Tax Law Sections.
Mario enjoys spending time with his wife and family, working on his songwriting, and following his beloved Michigan Wolverines. He is a first-generation American who jokes he is 200% Italian as both his parents were born in Italy. He and his wife Kathryn were foster parents for a number of years and fostered more than thirty children – often caring for sibling groups.